Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default buy a Mig welder

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
My Century Mig welder don't work right no more. There's an industrial
online auction nearby with several offers. A sampling is listed below.
Could you folks help me pick two or three to bid on? I don't want to
hook up 3 phase to weld, will any of the welders in group 1. run on
single phase?
Any of these especially good for AL?

snip

My Dayton 230 amp (Century) has had fan motors fail, feed potentiometers
fail and the gun had to be replaced. BUT, I can still get all the parts
for it and it has performed flawlessly for 20 years, except when it was
broken. Can't you repair the Century to do the same? It you have a
little one...never mind!

What's the problem?

Its a little homeowner grade (S@#t). The wire feed gets bucky at
unpredicatable times. Just enough to keep the arc length constantly
changing on ya. Replace everything and it works a while, then when you
really need it and don't have time to fart around, it screws up again.

Karl

I understand! The little guys are a PITA but the bigger boys are OK. GL!