Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT. Jewish Pirates.

In article , "Sanity" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , David
Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/5/2010 2:59 AM Sanity spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 6/4/2010 5:19 PM Sanity spake thus:

I wonder how you'd react if someone was lobbing some rockets at your
house and family.

Exactly; that's just what the Israelis are doing to the inhaibtants of
the
Occupied Territories.

Good question; think about it.

No, you think about it. The first rocket that landed near my house or
family
would be the last. I'd go after the *******s and make sure they never
did it
again.

As usual, you've missed the point he it flew over your head just like
a Patriot missile.

You said "The first rocket that landed near my house or family would be
the last. I'd go after the *******s and make sure they never did it
again." Fine, fair enough; I take you at your word on that.

Now imagine you are a *Palestinian* whose house has just been fired on
by a rocket. And not a ridiculously crude Qassam but a precision-guided
Hellfire fired from an attack helicopter by the IDF.

I take it you would still "go after the *******s and make sure they
never did it again", right?

And thus begins an endless cycle of retaliation. Reminds me of a
Doonesbury
cartoon about a year ago where an American soldier and an Iraqi are
talking
about revenge killings. The Iraqi says his family has a feud with another
guy
"because his cousin killed my cousin" or something like that. The American
asks, "When did that happen?" and the Iraqi replies "In 1378."

The problem could be easily resolved if Hamas and Hezblah recognize the
State of Israel and stop firing rockets and sending suicide bombers in.
Then I'm sure the two sides can sit down and talk out their differences. But
every time the talks get near, a new round of rockets goes flying into
Israel. So? Israel should just sit there twiddling their thumbs?

No, of course not. The problem is that the entire Arab world is still stuck in
the 14th century. Their mindset is to retaliate for the Israeli retaliation,
forgetting (or ignoring) the fact that it was _their own_ acts that started
the problem to begin with.