Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Layout Feedback

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:52:29 -0500, dpb wrote:

How to get from the DC to a 4" piece of PVC pipe? They make PVC to DC
fittings, but that gets me from pipe to flex hose. I'd like to go solid pipe
from my DC to separator (three right angles and a little pipe) and from there
out, but can't figure out how to do it without flex somewhere in the middle.

OK, I'll try to see if I can ascertain what I did use...I don't have any
flex except some metallic flex. It'll have to be some time next week as
planning on being gone over weekend...

What's your actual actual DC port dimensions you need to fit?

They're all over the place. Flex tubing and clamps make up for a lot of sins
but trying to connect anything solid to the things is iffy. I've even had
problems with quick disconnects, making them nearly useless.

Port measurements
Unisaw = 3.88" O.D.
DW735 = 3.95" O.D.
DC = 3.93" O.D. (4" port didn't measure the 6")

4" Thinwall PVC elbow = 4.26"

Some miscellaneous DC fittings:

4" to 2-1/2" reducer = 3.97"
90 degree elbow = 3.91"
DC - PVC connector = 3.93" O.D. 4.36" I.D.
"Y" = 4.00"
Blast gate = 3.97"
Male Coupling = 4.00"