Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22249 Ignoramus22249 is offline

Default What am I seeing inside this servo motor? Removable encodershaft?

On 2010-06-06, Karl Townsend wrote:

I had a similar assembly on my Harding and I made special encoder shafts.
Could you make a plate that mounts right on the end of the motor case to
put the encoder on? then use the cover over the encoder

Karl

The encoders I told you about look like a tight fit. Sketch it up before
your order. USdigital does make smaller encoders that use a 1" wheel, or you
could try the digikey ones Jon Elson likes.

There is a 120 minimum order for them on Digikey. US Digital has
smaller encoders that I will look at, such as E5.