Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Califbill Califbill is offline

Default buy a Mig welder

Cost a lot to get 3 phase for a welder. Probably not able to use a
converter. I have a Lincoln 180C. Came with a spool gun for aluminum, and
works well on up to maybe 5/16 thick. thicker you have to torch heat the
chunk to get decent welds. Does nice wire feed. I have only used flux core
in it, but looking to add another bottle(s) for welding stainless and carbon
steel. 220v single phase. Cost was about $1100 with a new empty bottle.
Probably cheaper now. Indiana Oxygen was the seller. Free shipping.

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
My Century Mig welder don't work right no more. There's an industrial
online auction nearby with several offers. A sampling is listed below.
Could you folks help me pick two or three to bid on? I don't want to hook
up 3 phase to weld, will any of the welders in group 1. run on single
phase?
Any of these especially good for AL?

1. three phase welders

Miller model CP-300 Mig Welder, constant voltage DC arc welding power
source, serial #JH318213, 230/460V, 33/16.5 amps, 3 phase, 300 amp output,
100% duty cycle. Millermatic S-52D, 115V wire feed, serial #JE827842.
Includes partial spool of .030 wire. Cart mounted.

Miller CP-200 Mig Welder, serial #JE761708, 100% duty cycle. Millermatic
S-52A 115V constant speed wire feeder, serial #KA883413. Cart mounted,
includes spool of .035 wire.

Miller model CP-2VS Mig Welder, constant potential DC Welder continuously
variable slope, serial #U474120, 230/460V, 21/10.5 amps, 3 phase, 100%
duty cycle, 200 amp rated output. Millermatic 10A wire feed. Cart mounted.

2. 3 and 1 phase units. These two look to be going higher:

Miller Maxtron 450 CC/CV DC inverter Arc Welder, serial #KE561030,
230/460V, phase 1 & 3, 450 amps rated output, 100% duty cycle Miller SR
Control extended reach wire feeder, serial #LC705426.

Miller SMT 304 CC/CV Arc Welder, 300 amp rated output 60% duty cycle with
Miller XR Control Extended Reach Wire Feeder on Bernard Teta Boom and
cart, 59" x 67" x 95". Bring help and equipment for safe removal.

3. 3 phase power units. This one is real cheap, no wire feeder.(I have
one on a shelf)

Miller Deltaweld 451, constant voltage, DC arc welding power source,
serial #KK888649, 230/460V, 70/35 amps, 3 phase, 450 amps rated output,
100% duty cycle

P.S. Many large lots of steel at this auction tht I'm sure will go cheap.
I've got too much. If anybody in MN wants a deal go to k-bid.com

Karl