Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Generac Portable Generator

willshak wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote the following:

-snip-

Glad to see I'm not alone. It reminds me of the joke-
"No soap, hippopotamus"
[that's all there is to it. 2 people know the joke. One says it-
then they start laughing and see how many folks they can get to laugh
along with them.]

Jim

Don't know where you are but, here in NY, way back when, it was 'No
soap, radio". I still don't know hat that means, or how it was started.

In 1976 or so a displaced Long Islander told it to me in Schoharie
county-- so I can't say if the difference is personal, or a
north/south difference to your Orange county.g

Curiosity got me and Google found this page-
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~hays/nosoap.html
Has variations and sources dating back to the 30s.

Jim