Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22249 Ignoramus22249 is offline

Default buy a Mig welder

On 2010-06-06, Ignoramus22249 wrote:
304 cc/cv with xr wirefeed will give you a lot of options. stick, mig
etc and portable.

It will also probably fetch good money. I had a 300 CC/CV twice (bought
for resale) and I was VERY impressed.

you spotted the one that's going too high for my taste. (I'm a cheap skate)

304's are also not as reliable as 300's, according to some things that
I read. (but they are usually a lot newer).

I would personally say, all of the other welders are good. Place low
bids on all of them, win some, sell some, keep the best one.

Though I have a MIG welder (Millermatic 251) I remain a stick guy at
heart. I might even sell the 251.