Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default What am I seeing inside this servo motor? Removable encoder shaft?

"Ignoramus10271" wrote in message

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Brid...e-Servo-Motor/

I looked inside one of the servo motors (Y axis).
Inside, I was surprised to see a circlip (retaining ring) and a
setscrew. It is as if the encoder shaft was inserted into the actual
motor shaft and held by a setscrew. Could that be true? If it is so, I
could make any encoder shaft as long as it could fit inside the main
shaft?

I had a similar assembly on my Harding and I made special encoder shafts.
Could you make a plate that mounts right on the end of the motor case to put
the encoder on? then use the cover over the encoder

Karl