Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home,rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_2_] Jeßus[_2_] is offline

Default Freezer question, your experience.

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:48:30 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Jeßus wrote:
Both types have pros and cons - I've always been under the impression
that the upright types allow a lot of coldness to 'escape' when the
door is open compared to chest freezers.

That isn't really true -- at most, one or two pounds of cold air escapes and
is replaced with warm air. That has almost zero effect on the temperature
inside.

Either way, I'm not overly concerned about cold air escaping - doesn't
seem to have any significant real-world effect...