Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_5_] Josepi[_5_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

I did a repair and found 300 Ohm old flat TV antenna cable used for a
switched lighting circuit, once.

YIKES!

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
The last house I lived in was "remodeled" by the village idiot. Shortly
after moving in I found a melting florescent fixture. That scared the hell
out of me. I immediatley shut it off at the fuse box and went nuts running
around the house and upgrading the electrical fixures, outlets, etc.

I remember the real estate agent talking about how there was a new
electrical panel installed. But they kept all the old wiring. I came very
close to having my house burn down.

If I would have just fixed that one fixture, the house would have burned
down. I replaced several ballasts. Also a fair number of light switches,
outlets and two light fixtures. And ALL of them were visibly dangerous.

Now I am an electrical safety freak. I never forgot that experience. It had
a permanent effect on me. I even do repairs for friends and family. I have
a number of electrical books, visual guides, etc. No formal training, but I
did go to electronic technician school for a year.

Funny story. The first electrical repair I ever did was for a friend of a
friend who was a fellow student. She was older than me, but totally sexy.
She needed a number of light switches and outlets replaced. I did not have a
clue how to do it. But she was so hot, I just had to try. Being young, dumb
and horny, I would have done almost anything for her.

So.o.o.o.o.o.o.ooo, I replaced them. And I shocked myself numerous times.
After I did the repairs, I was miserable from numerous shocks. She took pity
on me, served me a couple drinks and "thanked" me properly. I had a silly
grin on my face for two days afterwards.

And I learned an important lesson. I got some tools, some books and learned
how to do the repairs safely. After all, you never knew when another hot
babe would need electrical repairs. LOL