Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Unknown Turntable belt size - how to determine?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 11:15:28 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:38:53 -0700, David Nebenzahl
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Instead of string, which does stretch, you might try a strip of paper.

Which reminds me of an old turntable I used to have. As a kid in Tucson,
not quite 20, I found a used turntable in a junk shop there. Cheap,
because it had no belt. Took it home, and being the resourceful lad I
was, I made a belt out of paper, the ends glued together with white
glue. Worked great! No problems with wow & flutter or rumble. The paper
belts lasted maybe a month or so before breaking. The bulb-shaped motor
pulley kept the belt tracking true.

I've heard that you can use a nylon stocking as a replacement fan belt

I'd like to know if they make good anti-tank weapons. Knowing they are the
bane of the life of drott and dozer drivers operating on council landfill
dumps. Getting into the track drive they stall the engine. I imagine masses
of tights and stockings fired into tank caterpillar drives would do the
same.

I reckon soldiers in tights and stockings would stop a tank commander
in his tracks.

- Franc Zabkar