Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommend screw extractors that work?

On 6/4/2010 8:49 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 06/04/2010 09:22 PM, wrote:

Someone here was advocating such demanding accuracy for an extractor
hole that you might as well drill it out. I've removed a lot of broken
bolts, even broken taps, by drilling.

Now we know for sure that you don't know what you are talking about.

yeah, if you have a drill bit that will drill through a decent tap... I
want some!

nate

I use a Dremel tool with an abrasive/diamond bit for the hardest stuff.
There have been times when the little rotary tool comes in handy for
cutting slots in broken head studs on generators so I can use a
screwdriver to back them out. I've also used the Dremel tool to dig a
hole in a broken stud to get a screw extractor in it or to start a
hole for a drill bit. The tool can used to cut out a broken tap too.

TDD