Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

(Robert Bonomi) wrote in
:

*snip*

Lastly, I'd put in GFI _outlets_, and use regular breakers, where I
could. _IF_ something trips, it will kill that outlet only, and -not-
take out 'something else' that might be running on the same circuit.
More of a consideration in a 'more than one person' shop, but it's
along the same lines as why you don't put _anything_ else on the
'lighting' circuit -- localize the 'surprise factor' as much as
possible.

*snip*

Many of the GFCI outlets I've seen have a little indicator light that
turns on when tripped. Simplifes the whole "did my lamp burn out or is
the outlet dead?" question. Just another small reason to use GFCI
outlets.

Puckdropper