Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Layout Feedback

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 04 Jun 2010 04:39:43 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote the following:

Larry Jaques wrote in
m:

Sure, Bill, but we were going to wait until he showed us the
spaghetti he put up to the machines from the DC before hammering him
on it.

It's bucatini and macaroni. Spaghetti isn't hollow. ;-)

I've never seen 6" macaroni (diameter OR length), so that must be the
bucatini.

That would give a new name to "big pasta eater."

Actually, I was planning on running a main trunk on the ceiling to the
planer/jointer/table saw, having another drop for SCMS, and running a
line along the back wall for that. Simple and straight.

OK.

All together now, guys: "BUT YOU'D BETTER GROUND IT!" schnicker

But why? Why should I ground the dust collector? It's not like it's
going to ionize the dust cloud and set the shop on fire right???????????

I did ground the planer dust collection chute... after the 3rd board the
static shocks got to be too annoying.

Puckdropper