Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Layout Feedback

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in
:

I see all sorts of answers :-)

I'd make the tool bench 2 to 3x longer. And deeper.

Consider what might be used on each machine.

A 3' disk being .... or a 24 / 36 " long ...

I think I'd swap the bench with the wood lathe.

That's an interesting idea. It puts the TS, CMS, and bench all within
the same work area. (I've tend to use the CMS table as a bench anyway.)

I'd have more room to 'jump' backwards out of the way or step back...

A corner might trap more chips as well.

Hm... maybe that's a good place for a DC floor sweep drop.

More closing storage. Lots of dust - even with a collector.

Mobile tables, like dadiOH suggested, could be used for closing storage
and combined together for larger assemblies.

Martin

Puckdropper