Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Shop Layout Feedback

Yeah, I got that part (mine does have a 2x4"-to-6" 'Y' on its input),
but my point is that 4" DC parts aren't the same size as 4" PVC (and I
don't think drainage PVC is the same as waste PVC pipe) and indeed not
all 4" DC ports are exactly the same size (my saw and planer don't
take the same fittings). Flex hose makes up for a lot of sins but
it's also a lousy duct. To get things to fit I end up with 4x as many
parts as I need, just to get something that sorta works. Or not.

Hmmm....ok you're telling me I'm having (yet another) senior moment,
huh?

I've not rearranged or added anything for so long I couldn't even tell
you any more what I actually used (I think it's just standard Sch 40
PVC, though for the trunks/distribution lines) or where any of the end
adapter fittings, etc., came from originally; it all moved from TN back
to the farm when came back and I'm pretty sure at least some of the
original pieces predate the move from VA to TN in '78.

I don't _recall_ any particular difficulties, though...then again,
that's not surprising (not remembering something, that is, not that
there weren't difficulties...)