Posted to alt.home.repair

Default But haven't we read here????

On Jun 3, 4:16�pm, dpb wrote:
terry wrote:
This is in reference to "Double tapped circuit breakers" in main panel
(North America).

But haven't we read here that pig tailing within the circuit breaker
panel is not to code? Or not to SOME codes?

Unless it's been changed in late versions afaik NEC doesn't prohibit it
(assuming all the caveats of proper minimum wire size(s), not excessive
total loads, etc., etc., etc., ...).

Of course, localities can have any additional restrictions they wish
above NEC so I'll certainly not say you won't find someplace that
doesn't allow same.

And, of course, there's nothing to say that any given inspector isn't
fully capable of rejecting any even somewhat unusual finding simply
because it isn't as expected as opposed to being an actual violation.

--

and come home sale time a home inspector will be looking with glee,
not only does finding this verify to the buyer he was money well