Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home,rec.food.cooking
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Freezer question, your experience.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:24:01 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:40:45 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Sqwertz wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:48:30 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

In article , Jeßus
wrote:
Both types have pros and cons - I've always been under the impression
that the upright types allow a lot of coldness to 'escape' when the
door is open compared to chest freezers.

That isn't really true -- at most, one or two pounds of cold air escapes and
is replaced with warm air. That has almost zero effect on the temperature
inside.

How does non-pressurized air have weight?

The same way anything else has weight. Did you really think that air weighs
nothing?

Yes. All my scales currently read "0". Yet sitting on top of
them are billions of cubic feet of air.

Let us know when you own a scale that has 5 sides in a vacuum and
just the measuring part exposed to air.