Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Long bolt: make my own?

On Jun 3, 4:13*am, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:
"woger151" wrote in message

On Jun 1, 3:53 pm, "

It's not so much that we're not going to supervise them. *In fact,
right now that gate is going up upstairs, where they spend no time
except sleeping. *Rather, my concern right now is that while they
don't seem close to climbing out of their cribs, who knows? *So the
scenario I'm worried about is them getting out at night and then
tumbling down the stairs.

The thing about the nuts is just my own, parental paranoia.

In terms of toddlers doing damage, these are twins, and someone on a
local multiples group list said her twins took their diapers off at
night and smeared $4it on the walls.

As a father of twins, I feel your pain. *Mine are now ten and are just
finishing up 4th grade, so it was not so long ago that they learned to climb
out of the crib. *Funny thing was is that after the first time my son took
the tumble, he was a little reticent to do it a second time, my daughter
followed the same pattern about a month later.

Twins are two babies for the price of three.

Mine were born in 2000, and my wife was dreading having twins, so they
became known as the Y2kids.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

My wife used to be a nanny for a farming/farm market-running family
that had twins, then 18 months later had another set of twins. 0 to 4
kids in 18 months.

The Dad worked from dawn (in the fields) until after dark (at the
market). Mom took some time off to be home with the kids but needed
some help/relieve for a few hours a day.

At one point one of the older boys learned to climb out of the crib
and would wake them up in the middle of the night. A sheet of plywood
over the crib nipped that problem in the bud! He cried for a couple of
nights and then accepted his fate and began to sleep through the
night. The plywood only lasted a couple of weeks and then was no
longer needed.