Posted to rec.woodworking
LdB LdB is offline

Default Shop Layout Feedback

On 6/3/2010 4:43 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

How do you put dust collection drops on casters?

I extended my garage door tracks so that they run across the shop. I
put a few long pipes across the tracks that can be pushed back and
forth along the entire length of the garage door tracks and
extensions. Think along the lines of a drop ceiling, two main T's
with movable cross T's along their length.

I have a 4" flexible dust collector hose laying up there that drops
down and can be positioned anywhere within that side of the garage
area. I also have an extension cord modified to act as a dust
collector switch running along with the hose. I can position the
switch near the equipment that I'm using. The setup works like a
skyhook. Takes a minute or two to position the switch and hose but I
can set up equipment anywhere in that side of the garage and control
the dust collector from that spot as well. I'm going to add a second
hose up there one of these days for my drum sander. It's got two 4 "
dust collector connections and up to now I've just stretched the
second hose across the floor but that's not a particularly good idea.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...597,62604&ap=1

LdB