Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:08:56 -0500, Swingman wrote
the following:

On 6/3/2010 1:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The inspector says "Well, you don't need receptacles every six feet in
a closet. You're all set."

Common sense quite often dictates what passes and what doesn't ... a
recessed light in an 8' ceiling above a shower will fail in most
locales, on a 9' ceiling above a shower and it will pass, but be
prepared to prove it to each and every inspector.

Then again you can get away with a lot when an inspector can't read a
set of plans, particularly an electrical plan ... almost always have to
correct some inspectors when it comes to "dead" three way switches,
particularly when they operate lights on different floors ... like with
balcony and porch lights.

One of my favorites is municipalities that dictate where HVAC returns
can be. Some Z&P boards don't want old folks standing on chairs to

Z&P? Izzat the "Zoological and Proctological" sector of the Building
Code Division? They bring out the animal in you and give you ****.

change an AC filter, so specify they can be a maximum of 48" above a
floor or landing. Others are perfectly happy if you put it on a 10'
ceiling ... although the owners may then finally appreciate just how
farking stupid your architect is.

I just changed a filter for a lady. It was in the wall at the top of
her 12' ceiling, a pretty fun ride from an 8' ladder.

Today I dug out some black bamboo for her (and brought home some
rhizomes.) I have some muck buckets to plant them in to keep them
from doing to me what the little leptomorphs did to her: running all
over the place.

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor
the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.