Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Recommend screw extractors that work?

In article ,
bobmct wrote:

We have all experienced screw heads breaking off on occasion and its
always quite a job to get the old one out and then trying to fix the
damage.

I've tried a couple of tpical screw extraction products such as ones
from Harbor Freight and HD, but they both sucked and actually broke
while trying to use them.

Occasionally I've seen on TV some magical extractors but we all know
what adviertizing is like...

For those of you you may have had success with some and would like to
recommend a good solution or two I would greatly appreciate hearing of
you choice(s).

I figure, if one purchases something that actually works, it worth the
investment rather than buy junk only to throw it away and still have
the problem to solve.

Thanks IA -

Never met an extractor I liked. If possible, drill out the screw
instead.