Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Layout Feedback

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in
:

On Jun 3, 6:18*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I have a approximately 20x30 space for my shop. *I've been working on
designing where all the tools will go, and would like some feedback
on th

design.

I would have put my cutoff saw along the longest (back) wall.

My CMS sticks out behind the bench a good 12-16", so I didn't want to get
it up against the wall and have the whole table that far off the wall. I
may be able to make it wider and place a few of the smaller power tools
there.

It seems the jointer\planer would be in the way of you are breaking
down full sheets of ply but maybe not if they are low enough

I think the jointer bed is low enough (but I haven't assembled it yet.)
If I rip first, I'll need only 24" on the side of the blade for breaking
down plywood.

If you start much with rough lumber then I would suggest a good
triangle of jointer, planer, table saw.

- Joint one face of each piece and stack convenient to planer
- Plane opposite face stacking back by jointer
- Run one edge on jointer, stacking by TS
- Rip other edge of each piece for final square up.

That's essentially what I've got. The only problem is the TS is turned
around for it to be really conveinent. The jointer infeed is on the TS
side, while the planer infeed is on the jointer's outfeed side.

Puckdropper