Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Jun 3, 3:07*pm, Pat Barber wrote:
I did the following to mine:

(1) Double the number of 120 outlets
(2) use quad outlet boxes at 120 locations (dahikt)
(3) Put ALL electrical in conduit on outside of walls.

The reason for the external wiring is that every shop
tends to get moved around from time to time and you
can move stuff MUCH easier with it in conduit.

Bill wrote:
Prompted by suggestions that a shop needs convenient power, *I created a
(pdf) SU view of my proposed outlet configuration (for one wall), and also a
corresponding wiring model:

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/- Hide quoted text -

"use quad outlet boxes at 120 locations"

480 outlets? Yeah, that oughta be enough for most shops. ;-)