Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Shop Layout Feedback

On Jun 3, 9:43*am, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 06/03/2010 06:18 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

I have a approximately 20x30 space for my shop. *I've been working on
designing where all the tools will go, and would like some feedback on the
design.

A couple notes:
- The grinder, sander, and drill press will be separated and placed along
the back wall. *I just didn't bother adding stands.
- I plan on building a bench in the upper left hand corner (next to the
ladder), but haven't gotten around to modeling it yet.
- The "plywood storage" is a large assembly table with storage underneath.

http://puckdroppersplace.us/other/garage.jpg

Puckdropper

This might help:

http://grizzly.com/workshopplanner.aspx

That's an "interesting" layout in the Grizzly example.

A full-fledged fireplace, with a hearth, in a workshop?

A laundry room/bathroom sticking into the shop?

Use a wood stove instead and flatten the laundry room against a wall.

2 OT questions:

How common are laundry room/bathroom combinations these days?

How many people let their dogs hang out in their shops? (look in front
of the fireplace)