Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default New (to me) bandsaw update

"Buerste" wrote in message
The new saw shows up and ....... don't care, we'll never go vertical.

Hey Buerste,

YES!! you will go vertical. I threw away my table (about 10 inches by 10
inches) many years ago. The saw still has a small, useable horizontal
platform (maybe 2 inches square?). You would be surprised how many times
you will simply want to 'freehand' cut the head off a bolt, shorten a rod,
cut a strip of sheet metal, cut open the plastic housing on a plastic
battery pack, etc. etc., all done with the saw held vertically. Seems like
95% of all my saw use is doing the above, all done vertically. Why go to
all the trouble to place a small part in the vice simply because you want to
cut off a piece of it. Hold it in your hand and cut it!! Hand held, you
have much better feel and can guide the cut to your liking.

Glad to hear you got a saw!!

Ivan Vegvary