Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default OT. Jewish Pirates.

On 6/2/2010 12:39 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

This was a blockade done by a sovereign country to protect it's interests
and citizens, much like blockades in the past initiated by England, the U.S.
etc.

The most interesting part to me is that this has ALWAYS been a
two-state blockade. Both Israel AND Egypt ran it. You will note that the
runners opted for the Jewish side and did not even try to bait the
Egyptians and (2). hardly anyone mentions the involvement of the
Egyptians so it sounds like it is only the Israelis being nasty to those
poor, misunderstood Palestinians.

Good observation! I don't have the reference handy, but I saw somewhere on the
web that in response to the recent blockade confrontation, Egypt is lifting its
Gaza blockade (including through the tunnels) for a few days for "humanitarian"
reasons. I guess the Egyptian government is running scared that if they don't
make a good show of disapproval, they might be the target of economic/political
retaliation from the rest of the Arab block (or that a future vessel attempting
to break the blockade might try to dock in Alexandria).