Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

In article , "Lee Michaels" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote

Thanks for asking. He's doing pretty well, has one year of college under his
belt now, and is working two jobs this summer to earn money for the fall
semester. He's also about half-way through a fairly ambitious project on his
car ('96 Firebird, 3600 V6): swapping out the automatic transmission for a
five-speed stick. Car's up on jackstands in the garage now. I'll be helping
him put the manual transmission in there tomorrow evening after he gets home
from work.

A pontiac firebird, eh? A classic muscle car. And since pontiacs are now an
endabgered species, it will probably be worth some money someday.

Tell him to take care of it and it will turn into an investment of sorts one
of these days.

Probably too late for that... the car was trashed by the second-previous
owner -- DWI, ran off the road and over some object that tore the oil pan off,
with consequent ruination of the engine. My wife's brother bought the wreck
and a replacement engine, then he and my son spent the summer two years ago
putting it back together, and when they were finished my son bought it from
him. About six months later, my son crashed it and tore up the front end
pretty badly -- he and I spent last spring restoring it. So I'm not sure
there's a lot of investment potential left any more...

And he is one of the good ones. He is gonna make you proud of him, again and
again.

Thanks for the kind words, Lee.