Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Aluminum wiring spray

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sometimes, I work on panel boxes with big aluminum wires coming in. I
can get Noalox. Or, Ox-Gard, which is grey paste that retards
corrosion.

Is something available in a spray can, so I can apply it to live wires
from a comfortable distance?

Won't say there isn't, but not aware of it. Ask local electrical
distributor would be my suggestion for locating it if there is.

I have to question the point though--it'll only help if it's _in_ the
connection and if you're only going to spray it on the top it'll make no
difference whatever on the points at which it would matter. On the
outside of the wire and connection it's immaterial.