Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian C
saying something like:

Though looking at the above kit, I'm now wondering about D-I-Y rolling
my own with a security DVR card, cameras and a server box. So if anyone
has done that with cards similar to

Years ago I got a cheapy 4-input cctv pci card, a couple of cameras, and
fitted them all to an old pc as recording device.
I found the supplied software was next to useless and bought
ActiveWebCam - which is cheap and worthwhile and will motion-detect,
notify you via LAN or internet and so on and so forth. AWC is very
variable, allowing you to set it up just the way you like and it will
work with nearly any camera type you throw at it.