Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Aloris AXA16 vs. AXA16N

On 2010-05-31, Searcher7 wrote:
On 2010-05-30, Searcher7 wrote:

[ ... ]

I'll see how my Ryobi does. (I still have to figure out what Aluminum
Oxide wheels to get for it).

* * * * O.K. *At least try it with what you have, so you'll know how
things change with new wheels. *And get a wheel dresser to true it up
once you mount the wheels.

Ok. I didn't know I could practice on HSS using the OEM wheels.

Sure -- they are not the *best* wheels for the task, but they
can be used.

[ ... ]

(I wonder if I should look into plastic injection for the knobs). @#$
%! MSC is also temporarily down.

* * * * The good knobs have a brass insert to carry the threads cast
into the body of the knob.

i haven't ruled out plastic injection molding for some of these.

Remember that you need something a bit stronger than the
injection molding itself for the threads. That is why the inserts are
molded into the better MSC ones.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564