Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default "Adjust Tru" Chucks

On 2010-05-31, Gunner Asch wrote:
On 31 May 2010 04:19:00 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

As for maximum gripping size -- does it come with a set of
reverse jaws? The one which I have does not have the reverse jaws, so
I am somewhat limited there. (Also, if it comes with two-piece jaws,
you can reverse the top jaws and get the same effect.)

Ive got a number of 6 jaw sets, both ID and OD. What is your chuck?

Great! I wonder what the odds are?

Bernard Pratt:

BP69/40883 (I suspect that after the slash is a serial
number)

OD: 6.318" 160.40 mm

Jaw dimensions:

Jaw set Number: 3684

OAL: 2.471" (the outside jaws may measure
somewhat different)

Width: 0.743"

Width in grooves: 0.449"

Groove width: 0.309"

From bottom of groove
to end of teeth: 0.278"

TPI: 0.250"

Ive got probably (15) 3 and more jaw sets, that dont fit any of my
chucks. Most of them are new, or new new.

My e-mail above is valid, but I've got a lot of IP addresses
blocked, so if the first bounces or gets no answer, try from another of
your e-mail accounts. Or, there is always the phone in my .sig below.

If anyone needs any....

Certainly -- if we can find a match.

I had trouble finding a match in the Bernard Pratt jaws catalog,
so I don't even know what they would charge for a set. :-)

BTW I met Howard Taylor (writes/draws _Schlock Mercenary_) last
Saturday. He was at the Baltimore Science Fiction Convention
and I picked up three of his dead-tree editions of the comic.

I know that you enjoy that one from something posted a few years
back -- which I think is what steered me to that comic.

It is amazing how fast he can do the sketches in the back page.
Two for me, one for my wife. Doc Bunninga, Elf (version w/small
legs), and Schlock himself.

And he is a great guy.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564