Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Import BXA toolpost experience

Taking good pics of metal parts isn't easy for most folks. I've found that
one or two compact fluorescent lamps often produce much better results with
digital cameras than trying to use the flash.
Sometimes using a low level/fill (or anti redeye) flash setting with the CF
lamps works well too.

The type of CF that I've found to be best are the daylight type, about 5000
degrees Kelvin or higher. Different brands may refer to their daylight lamps
by different terms, but looking at the light temperature will be more
helpful.

The greatest advantage, of course, in using digital cameras is that one can
take numerous pics, then select a few that show the best detail.

--
WB

"Searcher7" wrote in message

I took a another couple of pics, but it is difficult,because my Canon
G2 Powershot porduces washed out pics when flash is used or is too dim
when I don't use flash. The only good shot are outside when it's a
sunny day.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/