Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
news:wtyMn.10863$8g7.7049@hurricane...

The recordings were date and time stamped. The camera that covers my front
door gives a good face recording. I will soon be upgrading my CCTV and I
am looking as spending over £1000 to get better pictures.

Most of the cost is on the recorder and I will add cameras when I have the
money.

Then you will be wasting the money.
IMO it would be better to go down the IP camera route, then the recorder has
no bearing on the quality at all.
Even if its an analogue recorder the quality difference between a £200 one
and a £1000 is not a lot.
Maybe you just want 32 channels?

Why IP camera?..

Because people think they are good because they are "digital" ? They
are just expensive and complicate matters. Nothing beats hardwiring
with coax if you can manage it, failing that 600 ohm twisted pair will
be more than adequate for any domestic situation.

A further thought to the OP is, if you can run all the system from one
power point and fit a UPS to cover power loss. If your neighbour is a
really devious son of an unmarried mother and realises what you have
done he may wait until there is a power cut and then do something bad.

--
Bill