Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Recomendations for CCTV kit?

In message bPxMn.10859$8g7.8127@hurricane, ARWadsworth
writes

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 30/05/2010 18:40, critcher wrote:

critcher said...........................
the legality of their privacy being invaded would be tested in a court
and
has nothing to do with the data protection act.

Criminal Damage vs. Invasion of Privacy. Tough choice ;-)

--
Adrian C

Adrian

If you email me I will give you some insight into the setup I used when I
had a nutter next to me. The neighbours went as far as taking an injuction
out about the recordings but the the recordings were allowed to be used in
court when I was threatened with a knife as it did not cover their land. You
just have to be carefull about what you record. Top tip, do not let your
neighbours know about the cameras until they have put their foot in it.
Covert is very good and audio is even better.

Adam

Audio is VERY much better! Especially if you have a conversation with
your neighbour within site of the cameras. I know a site where
although it was very well covered by CCTV the security guards also wore
radio mics so that any conversation with "people" at the gate was
recorded along with the CCTV so that there was no argument over what the
images portrayed.

--
Bill