Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Todays metal related activities

wrote:
On May 29, 6:59 pm, "Snag" wrote:
Wes wrote:
My metal working for today was shopping for a small air conditioner
for my machine room and modeling an adjustable feed tube for an
assembly cell at work.

Mine was hanging a new-to-me light fixture in my shed/shop , testing
and tuning the new saw , and starting repairs on some tiller parts .
Fella took 2 pieces of pipe and 2 12" circles of 12 or 10 ga sheet
stock and made a couple of spirals to till with . Depending on which
side they're on , they'll either make a shallow ditch or pile the
dirt up . Neat idea , but he's a worse welder than me ...

--
Snag
And I'm not

Sounds interesting. I need to put in some sub surface drains. Any
pictures ?

Dan

Send me your email addy , my reply-to is a good one . Not sure this will do
what you want ... but it'll fersure loosen the dirt so it can easily be
shoveled out . Basically , cut a disc , slot it from edge to center , and
push/pull it into a spiral . Weld to a piece of tube sized for your shaft .

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"