Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Todays metal related activities

"Wes" wrote in message
news
My metal working for today was shopping for a small air conditioner for my
machine room
and modeling an adjustable feed tube for an assembly cell at work. That
was an excuse to
play with my copy of Alibre Expert. Sadly, the .step file imported with 9
inches coming
in as 9 mm. I'll be making my first call to support in the 13 months I've
licensed the
product. Mech Desktop 2009 exported the file I was trying to work with.

I was looking at a 5300 btu energy star a/c with electronic controls when
I looked at the
cost of owning a 9.7 seer unit with mechanical controls and decided it
wasn't worth the
extra money. I can fix one with switches and conventional temperature
switches. The room
isn't very big but I want to be able to play when it gets hot and muggy.

The other benefit is one of those clock work light timers can turn it on
in advance of my
arival. No idea how an electronic control ac would react to that.

Wes

What else is in your Bat Cave? TV, computer, sound system, fridge, X-Box,
etc...?