Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default "Ripping" baseboard on a router table?

On May 28, 6:47*pm, "__ Bøb __" wrote:
I know that... and apparently you know that....and any experienced
woodworker knows that. But you gave the guy a hard time for using the
wrong words.... when we all knew what he was talking about from his
description.

Man, have you ever misinterpreted what I wrote !! !! !!

I wasn't giving the OP a hard time at all .. .. I was kinda being
apologetic for all the silly controversy he got as responses. * I mean
.. kickbacks & finger-removing problems .. gimme' a break already.

"I wasn't giving the OP a hard time at all"

BTW...I took it like you meant it. We're good! :-)

You'll also noticed I put the words "rip" in quotes cuz I knew it
wasn't really a "rip".

Of all the tools I have, a jointer is not amongst the group, so asking
about using a router as a jointer wasn't something that came to mind.

Anyway, as I was loading up the tools to come to Dad's house, I
remembered that I still have my old Hirsch Saw Table from 20(?) years
ago buried in the back of the shed. Long ago I put a piece of plywood
on top and have used it as a portable work bench on occasion.

I threw it in the van, but I'm not sure if the mounting plate is
intact or if my PC left-hand circular saw will mount to it. I was
going to clamp the router table to it, but maybe I'll take the plywood
off and see if I can make it work as a table saw.

PS It's only about 15 feet worth.