Charlie Self

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

JOAT listens and hears:

I also remember the radio, and listening to: The Green Hornet,
Tarzan, The Shadow, Amos 'n Andy, Fibber McGee & Molly, The Great
Guildersleeve, Sgt Preston of the Mounties, Superman, The Creaking Door,
and I don't know what all else. Now, that part of the so-called
good-ole days I woudn't mind keeping.

Fanny Brice (Baby Snooks?); Fred Allen; Inner Sanctum (opened to the tune of a
creaking door that gave a 5 year old shivers up his spine).

I think James Earl Jones may be about the only actor today who can use his
voice the way those radio actors and comics used theirs.

A tune called "Skokian" from Bill Haley & the Comets.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to. " Dorothy Parker

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html