Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Turning off water main: shutdown water heater first?

The others have written much what I would have written.

It is a good idea to shut off the WH, though it's likely not a
problem. Unlikely to need any reboot. Small chance that a gas WH pilot
light may blow out. The provided software disk will help with
rebooting. Insert disk before powering up.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"james" wrote in message
I want to turn off my water main to repair an outside faucet. Do I
have to
shutdown the water heater first? And after I turn the water back on,
do I
have to do something to "reboot" the water heater?