Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On May 27, 1:17*pm, Mac Cool wrote:
Jay Hanig:

I asked him if he seriously thought that another CT scan would show
what so many others hadn't and he said: *"Of course not... but if I
*don't* order one and something happens, a lawyer will have my guts
for garters because I didn't order one."

So an expensive test is ordered essentially to head off an attorney
and for no other reason. *Your health dollars at work.

And you believed that?

Well it's more likely to be true in an adversarial and litigious
system like that in the USA.
If a doctor does NOT order a perhaps unnecessary test at some-body's
cost then maybe later it will be ruled negligent or a by an insurance
company as not taking due care! If the doctor DOES order the test an
insurance company could rule that it was an unnecessary expense and
refuse to pay for it!
Health care should be the purview of the medical profession alone; not
subject to insurance company oversight and or (perhaps ambulance
chasing) lawyers!