Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Michael Moore.

On May 26, 7:16*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
wrote:
On May 26, 12:08 pm, harry wrote:
On May 26, 12:25 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

harry wrote:

Second?

Thirds?

The same guy who stated that Cuba has better health care than the
USA.

Imagine that.

How do you know it's not true as your gov. won't let you go and see
for yourself? Cuban health care is free to everyone. Even you if
you could get there.
You are another of the brainwashed.

Free does not equal good.

Health care in Canada is free also, but we see a significant number
of Canadians in the U.S. for care.

For example, there are fewer than 200 MRI machines in the whole
country of Canada (and probably none in Cuba). We have more MRI
machines in my CITY than in the whole country of Canada.

Free is better than "it's there but only for the wealthy".- Hide
quoted text -

That;s another lie, often repeated. * Any indigent person in the USA
can walk in to an emergency room and the hospital must treat them.

But that treatment is only to get them out the door. It hardly matches the
medical care they need in the long term.

How many stories have we seen of patients dumped off outside homeless shelters
by hospitals?- Hide quoted text -

ACtually, I haven't seen any such stories. And if even is it's true
and the patient is still ill, it's only another ambulance call to 911
and they are back at that hospital or another. I'm not saying that's
a good system or produces the best result.