Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default New (to me) JPS 7x12 band saw

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Seals go out. And if mine were of any indication..most of them were
"crimpled" closed construction, not something you can pull apart and
replace the seals in.

I simply replaced mine with a small hydraulic cylinder of a proper
stroke. I had some kicking around..so it wasnt a big deal. For those in
Yorba Linda...shrug

Gunner

--

Great, I have repaired those repair-proof cylinders before but usually the
time is better spent. I like getting new equipment, it's a morale boost for

A friend that had another brush company died a number of years ago and his
widow gave me a truck load of tool steel rounds 4' long and up to 8" dia..
Unfortunately, none of it is marked and she can't find the purchasing
records. Now, it's worth slicing off a piece of each and getting it all
analyzed. We knew the old saw was on it's last legs so we.ve been looking
for a couple of months. Everything we've found was too big, small,
expensive or just wrong. So, we settled for this saw and paid $350. Used
tool dealers are very happy to cut deals these days.

I just got a call from my heat-treater today, the new blanking die we sent
him turn out to be cold-roll (steel not from the truck load).