Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New (to me) JPS 7x12 band saw

On Thu, 27 May 2010 16:42:20 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

I've never heard of JPS but the unit looks nice and the salesman claims it
was used by a supplier to cut of samples of some material and it is very low
hours. And, we got a great deal! It kinda' look like a "Jet". Does
anybody have one of these? If so, could I get a copy of a manual? (Not
that we EVER read such things)

http://www.mckeanmachinery.com/inven...hp?item=MV2519

Does anybody want to buy my 4x6 Johnson? It's got a hydraulic feed cylinder
but it is making a bit of gearbox noise.

That machine btw...is the same as my Dayton and is the same as a Jet and
a...etc etc etc.

They are a decent enough machine if everything is working properly.
Virtually every one Ive seen had issues with the downfeed
cylinder..which I too had to replace. I primarily use it for cutting
aluminum, and use the big Emerson for other metals.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.