Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Central Air not working

Jim wrote:
"Unused Classified" wrote in message
Hello,
I turned on my AC for the fist time this year and it is not working.
Cold air is not coming out of the vents the vents themselves are just
slightly cooler then the rest of the house. Air is not being sucked
into the intakes inside the house.
The outside unit is running, the fan is spinning but if the air is
not going inside, where is it going?
Does this suggest problem anyone has encountered before?
Thanks

Yes....I have central air and if you start up your unit and drop the
thermostat drastically it puts the air conditioner into "overdrive"
and the radiator that the air flows through basically plugs with
frost....best thing you can do is shut off your AC unit and allow to
thaw for 4-6 hrs and then fire back up but SLOWLY drop the temp over
a 24 hr period... Jim

There is no "overdrive" on home A/C units.

Ice on the evaporator coils almost always indicates LOW Freon.

No cold air and no ice almost always indicates NO Freon.