Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Wrenching GM brake pins

In article , "Bill McKee" wrote:

"Steve W." wrote in message

Or get a Ford. No pins to mess with, knock one key out and the
caliper is loose(some have two keys). Takes about 5 minutes to change
pads, longest time is spent jacking the piston back in.

Stan

Or buy a set of bolt out extractor sockets. They don't care about rust
or rounded bolt heads...

Also the easy way to break GM pins loose is to strike the head straight
on with a good hammer. Usually that shock is enough to break the rust
free.

My 96 Blazer had allen head bolts.

As did/do my '84 LeSabre, '86 Suburban, '96 Roadmaster, '96 and '99 Saturns,
and my son's '96 Firebird. Don't remember what the '78 Cutlass had...