Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Heat/air for small garage/shop

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

They are not specifically for mobile homes. You see them alot in southern
states, on typical framed homes, also they are very simular to commercial
roof top units.
As to the OP. Set it on the ground, and cut a couple holes for supply and
return duct through the wall. as for the $300 price tag, it seems steep
me. Maybe you can get the seller to make a bit of duct work to get
through
the wall for the same price.

I live in a very 'Southern State' and what they advertise as package
units around here are one piece systems with flimsy flex duct that runs
under a mobile home. I have never seen one of these used anywhere else.
They are too easy to drag away from a building, and would make it too
easy to B&E a structure.

The one piece they use on other structures were referred to as
Modular, since they are used in modular, portable classrooms or office
buildings so they can be hauled in and set up in a hurry. They simply
bolt to one of the end walls of the center modules, and are wired into
that section. That way nothing is sticking out when they are being
moved down a highway.

Well, I travel to Tennesse every summer and I see homes of all types with
package units sitting on the ground beside the home. Last summer I was down
in Mississippi and saw them all over too.
I do HVAC work for a living, so I know what I am seeing! You must not be
looking hard enough!
Greg