Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - The REAL reason so many jobs have disappeared

On May 26, 4:05*pm, Hawke wrote:

So I guess Americans had better start getting used to being a former
rich and powerful nation and are going to be just another rather poor
and unsuccessful competitor in the world market. The lowest pay for
labor is what everyone in the world can expect in the new world order.
It was nice being a rich country but nothing lasts forever. Now we're
doomed to mediocrity because our workers have to work for whatever a
Korean or Chinese will work for. Or an illegal alien. It's going to be a
tough adjustment.

Hawke

More like we are doomed to mediocrity because the jobs that require
little education are going away. And our school system is not as good
as the Korean schools. Korea ranks no 1 in math at the 4th grade
level.

http://social.jrank.org/pages/944/Ho...mparisons.html

Our workers will not only have to settle for what a Korean will work
for, they will have to settle for less, because they will not be as
educated. Korea also has faster internet speeds than the U.S.

Dan