LRod

Default Accents-was:Grammar-was:Lee Valley optical center punch

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:01:36 GMT, "Michael Daly"
wrote:

I'd love to find a book or other source that examines in detail the spread
and development of the various English accents 'round the globe. Someone
once suggested Bryson, but his book doesn't cover that.

I don't know if he has one on this subject, but Steven Pinker is a
brilliant linguist (Harvard, I believe) whose stuff is worth reading.
I caught him on Book Notes on C-SPAN one time talking about irregular
verbs and was mesmerized.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net