Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Hanig[_3_] Jay Hanig[_3_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On 5/26/2010 7:12 PM, Bob F wrote:
wrote:
So, your doctor gives you an MRI on every office visit? Mine
doesn't. Never had one or a CAT scan either. But I'm damn glad we
do have them, in case I ever need one.

My doctor has ordered several CAT scans (I can't have MRIs) none of which has
determined the treatment. In my opinion, they have all been a waste of money.

I tried to talk him out of the last one, but he insisted. Time for a new doctor?

Thank the tort system. I had a conversation with a nephrologist who
mentioned he had been treating a women for the last year and a half and
she'd averaged one CT scan a month during that time... all negative...
while they unsuccessfully tried to diagnose her symptoms.

I asked him if he seriously thought that another CT scan would show what
so many others hadn't and he said: "Of course not... but if I *don't*
order one and something happens, a lawyer will have my guts for garters
because I didn't order one."

So an expensive test is ordered essentially to head off an attorney and
for no other reason. Your health dollars at work.

Jay

BTW: If I didn't mention it before, please add me to the list of folks
who consider Michael Moore a fat piece of ****.